Thursday, November 12, 2015

Patchy

hair has
grown in
strange places,
strange new
ways, and he's
not a werewolf,
because that's
a made-up story,
but a real
monster just
the same

Reserve

I held
inside me all
those emotions,
bottled,
until they came
spilling, then
flushed and rushed
for a mop
to clean up
my own mess

Extraction

I'm the rotten
tooth in the back
of your mouth
that you know
that you know has
a cavity, a little
aching pain, chipped
spot that has grown
over time, and you're
thinking
damn I need to pull
that out

Hermes

call me Hermes,
put a little cloth
on my sensitive
places, let me 
run for you,
but just know
I'll drop all your
stuff, mix your
messages, and
do it on purpose
 
Robert League

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...