Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hi. I found you in the Poets Market. Took a look at the blogspot thing but didn't really see any kind of reference to a magazine. Are you still taking submissions? If so, I'd love to submit. I liked quite a bit of what I read on the blog.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Alicia Winski

Hourglass


Old lace

Fine wine

Brushed silk

The world mine

Life simply sweet

No cares or

Tribulations

No deeper meanings

Unpleasant revelations

A time of few trials

Little discontent

When I dreamt my

Girlish dreams

And I knew

What love meant...


Now with dreams

Shattered

My hourglass lay

Scattered

In shards

Around my feet

Blended

With the

Dissipating

Sands of time

While the

Soft ashes

Of my lost

Loves

Swirl gently

Around me

Like feathers

Dancing

In the wind...


Little Red Riding Hood

I can see your eyes

Watching me

Where ever I go

Hungry

Wanting

Piercing

Haunting

Covetous and

Oh…

…so frightening…



I can feel the heat

From your fingers

Aching to

Touch me

Break me

Teeth sharpened

Read to devour

And take me

Swallowing me

…whole…



Your Lips licked in

Lusty satisfaction

Gorged and plumped

With the extraction

Of the last vestige

Of privacy and

Innocence I

Held onto

Brutally ripped

From me

The fragile emotional

Virginity

I had retained

Remained

Deliberately

Untouched now

Sullied

Soiled by the

Impurity of

Avaricious

Desires...



My blood runs cold feeling

Your lustful need

The avaricious greed

To feed on me

Radiating

Vibrating

In the air around me

The main dish for your

Solitary table….


Will you eat me whole

Or slice me up into

Bite sized pieces

Tender morsels

Sinfully flavored to

Savor at your leisure?



With nowhere to hide

I crawl inside myself

A frightened little girl

Hoping not to be seen

A Little Red Riding Hood

Trembling in fear

From the big bad wolf

Knowing that he’s

Not just near but

Arrived and

Here knocking…


…at my door…

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...