Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chloe Viner

Dear Editor,
My name is Chloe Viner,
I am submitting the following poems
for your consideration: Short Meditation Poems.
I have been published in Teen Voices,
Seed Magazine, The Garnet, and
have some poems awaiting publication for Down in the Dirt.
I am currently a student at Vermont Law school,
and write poetry in my free time.
Thank you for your consideration
Sincerely, Chloe Viner


Short Meditation Poems
I my original self
washes away in rain
left as dew clinging to fruit
---

Like snow on the mountain
becomes the ocean,
we live and die.
-----

Three birds perch on step
two moons reflect in water
one monk in dharma.
------

The Buddha sits in the rain
and doesn't get wet
but when he swims in the ocean
he becomes the water.
------

Like stones in the water
become stuck when the river freezes
hatred and ill will become trapped
once allowed to enter the mind.
------

There are thousands
of ways to be
but only one
way to not be.
------

Just as you can't smell
an orange until you peel it
you can't reach non-thought
without first peeling away thought.
------

There are no need for benches
and no need for words
it is far better to sit on a stone in silence.

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...