Thursday, December 31, 2009

(A Brilliant) Record Magazine
E-mail: recordmag@hotmail.com

Dear Godfrey Logan,
Hello! My name is F. Toscano, and I am submitting 4 of my poems for your consideration. I am 40 years old and have never been published before. I hope you find my work fits your audience. I appreciate your consideration in advance. Thank you.

Sincerely,

F. Toscano



my reality

psychologically stalking mental health
philosophically talking to myself
over wine and women song and wealth

it’s about something you will never quit
unfold you I’ll engross in fantasy
when in doubt of whether you can admit
you’re cold you need a dose of what is me
I’ll reach out beyond the farthest limit
grab hold and pull it close so you can see
my reality



time ago

subliminal sections intervals of intervention
reminiscent reflections moments I don’t mention
unaware areas inside changing times of contrast
reminders of memories times I’ve left in the past

when I was young when I was my only foe
friends I was among a real long time ago
and so it goes in between interpose and intervene
time ago


our first kiss

I’ve taken my licks fought the good fight
never thought I’d say you’re my fate
three seventeen oh six friday night
saint patricks day our first date

saturday too soon you felt it too
so close to your face and sweet bliss
then sunday afternoon I grabbed you
front of my place our first kiss


sweet music

tranquil music starts I feel sweet sixteen
drums with beating hearts for sweet Marlene
most beautiful eyes my eyes ever seen
inside lullabies with sweet Marlene
in my own parade reign forever queen
some sweet serenade to sweet Marlene
my point never moot that’s the way I lean
fragrant notes of flute of sweet Marlene
walking hand in hand here it’s so serene
I’m in la la land Marlene

F. Toscano

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...