Tuesday, February 2, 2021

 

HERE IT IS

Fill the spaces

between your fingers

with the pictures of

a swaying

candle-lit-lantern

hanging

like a glowing

corpse upon a

lonely vessel

moving upstream

in a procession

of soft songs that

you have

never heard

before.


SHAPE SPILLING

I can sense it

like a prowling

cat,

like a shark,

like a cruel

conman,

like a hawk or

eagle, snake or

crocodile, ant

or spider:

that exact

moment

when it is

time to strike –

hold the pen

steady,

believe

and ink will

spill into the

shape of

poems.

ANOTHER

Day

saturated with

time

taken

brutally

away,

but

memory knows

temporarily

of this

day

as it does

with all

other days,

weeks,

months,

years,

centuries

before me,

those moments

will never be

lost or stolen

or loved

or

lived

again.

FIRST MORNING IN NEW JERSEY

Walking down a strange street

in New Jersey: 7 a.m.: a wine

and brandy hangover – I

continue walking, stopping

to heave and retch and vomit

every couple of minutes: I

see a bench, rest and smoke

a cigarette and look up into

the skies and clouds of the

USA: I find a café and

order coffee, toast and eggs

and eat and after find my way

back to my room: my

neighbors are all strangers

and when I cracked-open

a beer at 8 a.m. they

looked at one- another

and frowned but said

nothing as I offered

them a bottle of

morning sunshine and

drank deep.

ANOTHER DEATH WARRANT

Sometimes, it feels like

we’re all on death-row,

no matter how true and

convincing your story –

you will die:

now it seems this Covid

horror has issued

another death warrant

for mankind:

nowhere to run or hide,

fear of going out to

the shops for food and

booze: we all look

like masked bank-

robbers:

another silent enemy,

another war

and right now, who or

how the fuck it

happened doesn’t

matter:

globally we can hold

hands over this one.


A LONELY ALLEY

Death is always close by

but even from an early age,

one could sense it within

her: she seemed to lack

everything except

intelligence and it would

prove to be fatal:

she once lived with an

asshole, who I knew and

disliked: he beat her

several times before I

found out and offered

to go beat his ass but she

told me to back-away,

that she could take care

of herself and she

knew that was bullshit:

wanting an end,

she was alone,

it must have been

agonizing

withdrawing and

freezing to death

in a lonely alley,

juts a few miles from

where I write this.

John D Robinson



Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...