Saturday, July 21, 2018





THE MAN WHO FELL IN LOVE
He’d a fearless reputation
for bar-room brawling and
in particular for vicious
head-butting
so when he let go both
barrels from a sawn-off
shotgun, through a window,
the patrons inside the bar
were taken by surprise;
he spent 5 years in
prison and his stature
grew as a hard-man, not
someone to fuck-about
with;
not long after his release
he fell in love with a warm
and gentle and petite
woman and the
transformation was
shocking; he stopped
drinking and fighting and
he built a whole new
rep for himself, quiet and
obliging, polite and
warm and friendly,
but most still kept their
distance from him and
played along with the
man who fell in love.

John D Robinson



GIVE ME A PEN
Give me a pen
without guilt
without fear,
give me a pen
with grit
with balls,
give me a pen
without prejudice
without ambition,
give me a pen
with fire
with blood,
give me a pen
without regret
without longing.
give me a pen
with heart
with freedom
and I’ll give
you a poem
you can blow
up your ass.



John D Robinson

THE CANVAS
I’ve made little of what I
was given and I was given
nothing and it was the best
thing that I’ve ever been
given;
with nothing I was given
the opportunity to create,
to do something, anything,
to wander without ties,
bonds or shackles,
without expectations,
nothing to stand-up
against and be judged;
there was fuck-all to
begin with, an
unblemished canvas
to fuck-up all by
myself and I’ve
given it my best shot.

John D Robinson

A GOOD SUGGESTION
‘What the fuck is wrong with
you two?’ one of the 3 police
officers asked;
we were sat on the floor,
propping each other up and
grinning beneath the bloodied
and bruised facial injuries,
maybe we were even holding
hands;
‘You moron’s waste too much
police time’ said one of the
officers;
we began giggling and
helping one another onto
our unsteady feet;
‘Just kill each other quietly’
a police officer suggested;
it was a reasonable request
and made sense and we sat
back down and then
started arm-wrestling.

John D Robinson

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...