Wednesday, February 12, 2020

liquid ecstasy
 
she's the kind of woman
that you imagine what
she would taste like
while sitting on your
face before you even
see her
 
cherries and sunshine
 
liquid ecstasy
 
the last tab of desire
you put under your
tongue
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
flushed down a toilet
 
i never bothered to
ask for permission
or seek any forgiveness
 
what’s the point
 
i'm pretty sure hell
isn't any worse than
the last forty years
on this earth
 
i told my mother i want
to be cremated and put
it an ocean or flushed
down a toilet
 
it's all the same to me
by then anyways
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
only get you so far
 
the neon angel
doesn't talk to
me much anymore
 
apparently, love
can only get you
so far in this century
------------------------------------------------------------------
no relief ever came
 
blessed with a talent
where most of the
money comes once
you die
 
i once sat in the
middle of the street
on a busy afternoon
 
i waited patiently
 
no relief ever came
 
the cops used to
drive me home
on saturday nights
 
white privilege at
its finest
-----------------------------------------------------------
without hardly any snow
 
yet another
winter without
hardly any
snow
 
thank god
my schooling
years are long
behind me now
 
i completely
understand why
the youth are
in revolt
-----------------------------------------------------------
the load of a broken soul

i'm used to the pain, 
the side eyed looks 
from afar

my demons are always 
looking for a party

while my body is 
constantly tapping 
out

the bad back is done 
carrying the load of 
a broken soul

sadly, arthritis has me 
at the point where even 
a crawl is damn near 
impossible

time to find a vein 
and double the dosage
-------------------------------------------------------------
J.J. Campbell

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...