Monday, December 9, 2019

some place tropical
 
shaking hands
 
the threat of
snow in the air
 
yet another winter
wondering about
money to pay for
heat, food, whatever
will break down
in this old home
 
the kids want to
send me away
 
someplace tropical
 
i'd rather die
where
i'm comfortable
 
where i spent all
this blood, sweat
and tears
--------------------------------------------------------------
the scam artists
 
i laugh at
how creative
the scam artists
are getting these
days
 
they still have
the misfortune
of catching me
on the wrong
day and facing
as much hell as
i can muster at
the moment
 
of course, the
rare real person
gets caught up
in the bullshit
every now and
then
 
i've stopped
apologizing
for it
 
the sane ones
understand
----------------------------------------------------------------
a sticky night in new orleans
 
in my dreams
 
it's a sticky night
in new orleans
 
both of us hammered
 
neon souls dripping
in the middle of
the street
 
she kisses me
 
and suddenly
my haunted soul
lifts ten feet off
the ground
 
one of these nights
 
these dreams will
start to resemble
reality
 
hopefully
---------------------------------------------------------
come fuck me eyes
 
the neon queen
flashed those
come fuck me
eyes last night
 
i told her she
tasted like
sunshine if the
sun was made
of the sweetest
juice known
to man
 
gum drops for
nipples and an
ass so inviting
 
i wondered how
many licks will
it take to get to
the middle of
her soul
 
a few more trips
down this river
and i will know
-----------------------------------------------------------
that old college try
 
there's a certain
hatred i have for
mediocrity
 
of course, being
poor, that's often
all i can afford
 
so, you make do
 
put forth that old
college try, even
though i only
went to college
for three days
 
thank god
my imagination
is at a level
unknown for
most mortals
 
it's the only thing
keeping me sane
----------------------------------------------------------
J.J. Campbell

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...