Friday, June 4, 2010

My poetry is a blend of my personal experience, philosophy, and sin. I have just begun the process of trying to get my work published, so I don't have anything to share with you in that regard as of yet. But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Adam Mayster


Desert Heat II

This riddle, I must discern…

Beast circling skies full of sun;

A bit deeper, I need to run;

Gliding over the land,

I can not understand;

Wrestling each grain of sand,

I still find nothing;

The figure, long and lean,

What else have I not seen?

On with the same routine,

I need to find something.


The Impulse

A powerful impulse,

Lurking unrestrained;

The collapse of virtue,

The death of tradition,

The revenge of sin;

Let freedom reign.


AVII

Irrational face,

And contradiction,

With man interlace,

Modern condition;

Transcend, understand,

Decomposition.


Flee Red Dow’!

In the obscured lived the bold angel of venture;

She came down to rescue the ridiculous;

Her intensions of extravagance,

“Too much veracious offender!”


Shy of brightening everything,

Much more than certainly,

She laughed at the amateur for the fine,

And, for so she was damned!