Thursday, July 20, 2017

i hate people

selfish bastards
but what I
hate
more 
is pretending
I like them
acting as if
I don't notice
how fucking
stupid and
self-centered
they are
how they
make me feel
like there
is nothing
in life
left
to live for
but
people

may god rust your soul

this is not
a tv show
or wonder bread
and cookies

crouch down low
and listen to
the mutants

say hello
to unlove
a lifetime
of synergy
slow dances
and fake orgasms

you are not dead
just because
you're alive

dreams are forgotten
once you trip over
the garden hose

continuing education

you burned a hole
in my left eye
when you forced
me to look
at things
another way

but at least
my eyeball
will mend

gone

today
a young girl
was killed
seventeen
shot dead
with her
best friend's
gun

more death
than life
could ever
console

Jenny Santellano