Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Used to be Cute

It is easy to see
as they try to sell
cookies, they used
to be cute

Adolescents who now
are becoming early
adults, caught between
being really young,
starting to pay car payments

They are in between,
and they give me bouts
of nostalgia.

Up and Up

I traveled up
and up, from the wide
roads to the narrow

To find that quiet place
where I could be alone
and remember my name

Remembering the word
heritage in a solitude.

Nicknames

They give others
nicknames, rude creatures
who take their beaks
trying to tear others down.

I will go behind them
scattering seed to replant
rebuilding what they try
to destroy.
 
Ridley Flock

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...