Saturday, April 30, 2016

Screenplay

in time and ticks
with lines
and a few stage
directions
the story unfolds
played on screen
drawn to gigantic
celebrity detail
eschewing life.

Unidentified

there is an object
floating
over the crest
of my dreams

I do not know
its occupants
I do not know
its origin

I let it bathe
me with light
and mystery.

Misstep

one step
on the ledge
and we are angels
tumbling down
to the filthy earth
we are reaching
the deep river
beds from heaven's
open gate.

Friend Zone

disheveled
with musty socks
and hordes
of hormones
listen to them
complain over
grease and ice cream
about their
pretend life problems.

Rippled

on the surface
we bathe
like those small
insects that can
somehow suspend
themselves
on the skin of water
on the edge of light.

Frenzy

crazy haywire
cold hard wild
we go
for an hour
of free write

oh muse
send us spinning
into our brains
and flickers
of fire memory

still smelling
of idea
and smoke.
Angelica Fuse

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...