Saturday, April 30, 2016


I am numbed
to the world
unsure of why
I cannot tear
up at a funeral,
so struck by
my strange
often smile in
the face of 
trouble, blaming
it on too much
television or
the taste of 
chemicals in
my food.

Spinning Plates

Give me a second
I will turn the world
around
Give me a second
I will find your lost
cause
Give me a second
i will make you hear
what you need
Give me a second
I will solve the world's
problems
Give us a second
they will crop back
up.

Public House

Meet me at the
corner of never
and not yet,
the public house
we always
and never knew,
tell me you almost
love me one more
time, tell me
my face almost
looks familiar, forget
me by your bedside
as you drift away.
 
Nate Maye

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...