Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hi, my name is Jason Christy. I am sending this poem in for submission per the details on writersmarket.com. I am a 30 years old, living and working in Southern California as a freelance writer. I have only flirted with poetry as my specialty is short fiction. This submission is actually part of a larger song that I wrote.

When I met you I saw the sunshine I had lost
When I met you I knew exactly the cost
I lost my bravery in past seasons
It was slain by time and treasons
When I met you I spoke my first words again
When I met you I fell in love with a friend
I lost my heart in past seasons
It was bled by time and treasons

or possibly the first verse

For once I'm at a loss for words to write
For once I'm lost in seas of fire and ice
I lost my tongue a long time ago
It was eaten by pain and sorrow
For once I have no words to speak
For once I'll turn the other cheek
I lost my sunshine a long time ago
It was swallowed by my pain and sorrow

Jason Christy

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...