Monday, May 4, 2009

Pasted below are three poems I'm submitting for your consideration.

I am an emerging poet from Delaware and looking to get my work published. My contact information is as follows:
T.J. Streett


This Wall

I will not allow you
to penetrate this wall
I have erected
around my open wounds

And from high atop
this shleter of self deception
I stare at the world
through the cracks
in my shell

I desperately
want to fly
but I'm more so
unwilling to fall

Chalice

I was given a moment
I couldn't turn into a life
now
I am he who isn't
and my doing
no longer does

God
you are a creation
of those below above

A flockless shepard
who has turned a back
where is my chalice of peace?
the countless virtues I lack?

You gave me a life
and a shadow
that's more like alone
what did I inherit?
but a whisper of that
which I cannot disown

The City

If I ever loved
it was out of fear

If I ever gave
it was because I took
more than I could carry

I assure you
I've harmed
because I could not heal
but I have faith
my pride will deliver me
from the city
of my transgressions

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...