Monday, May 18, 2009

Dear Godfrey Logan,

Pasted below are poems for your consideration in (A Brilliant) Record Magazine.

I am a 20 year old poet from Milwaukee whose poetry is inspired by the sights, sounds, and spirits of the 21st century. My poetry is an attempt to create something entirely unique, yet retains earnesty.

Thank you for you for your time,

Erik Ash

The Morgue

In that morgue lies a hero

a vicious nation can now gaze

into her open heart and share

in her cause of death



Reveling


Captivity

The mournful drums

beat

beat

beat

across the horizon

as the requiem march

makes its way across the desert,

weeping echoes across the dunes,

shattering the pearly gates

as the prison empties

into the underworld


City Dialogue

You asked me why I settled in the city

I smiled and gazed at my feet



The flowers once bloomed,

but now lay dead

under the white soil of Hades.

In the spring,

they will bloom again


The Starving Wolf

The moon ascends

into the listless sky

as the starving wolf

scampers across the infinite wilderness.

Searching endlessly

for the dens he once called home


Angel

Eyes closed,

and a twitch



The angel flashes

in a nanosecond of fury

snatching at the arm,

pulling his prey

to their ferocious destination

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...